AEMP Technician of the Year Award Nominations Open!
Friday, April 10, 2020
Posted by: AEMP
The AEMP Education Foundation Technician of the Year Award is presented annually to the individual who exemplifies the heavy equipment profession’s best technician. In recognizing technicians who are models of excellence within the profession, we have two goals:
- Elevate the stature of the career.
- Bring awareness to the critical issue of the crippling technician shortage found across the entire industry.
The nomination process begins with the employer submitting a nomination for their technician using the electronic form below. All technicians with at least 5 years of experience are eligible to be nominated. Dealer technicians are not eligible for the award at this time. The deadline for nominations was May 22, 2020.
Nominees have received an electronic application form to learn more about their education, experience, credentials, safety record and philosophy, innovation and professional presence.
All finalists will be recognized at the 2020 AEMP EqSHIFT Conference, October 13-15 in Cincinnati. The winner(s) will receive:
- Free airfare and two nights lodging at the 2020 AEMP EqSHIFT Meeting
- A custom-built John Deere toolbox and merchandise
- National recognition in EquipmentWorld and Equipment Manager emails
- Complimentary membership in AEMP for one year
- Complimentary enrollment in the EMS certificate program & exam
To learn more about the award, rules, expectations and timeline, please click here.
NOMINATE A TECHNICIAN TODAY!