Welcome to AEMP University!
AEMP University Learning Objectives are divided into four levels as defined below. These levels relate directly to the certification, recertification and continuing education requirements of the Equipment Manager Specialist (EMS), Certified Equipment Manager (CEM) and Certified Equipment Support Professional (CESP). The level of learning begins with an understanding of the knowledge contained in the Career Equipment Fleet Manager Manual and continues through other learning resources and the industry experiences of the asset manager.
Levels of Education
Level 1- The introduction and examination of basic concepts and systems employed in and essential to the successful management of fleet assets.
• The cognitive learning descriptors for this content are: know, define, identify, and recall of information.
• Resources include the Career Equipment Fleet Manager (CEFM) manual and other identified reading.
• Competency is required for EMS, CEM, and CESP candidates.
Level 2- The extension of level one learning to a deeper level of understanding and the application of the basic concepts and systems essential to the successful management of fleet assets. Level one competency is a prerequisite.
• The cognitive learning descriptors for this content are: describe, explain, predict, identify, demonstrate, and apply.
• Resources include the CEFM, Certified Equipment Manager Institute, AEMP Conference attendance at the essential level, mentor contact and selected reading.
• Competency is recommended for EMS and required for the CEM and CESP programs.
Level 3- The exploration and development of best practices, solutions and innovative approaches to tasks and challenges of the profession of asset management.
• The cognitive learning descriptors for this content are: analyze, explain, compare, classify, create, design, and invent.
• Resources include: Identified reading, AEMP Conference participation at the executive level.
• Competency is recommended for the CEM, CESP and recertification.
Level 4- The investigation and determination of how strategies from disciplines and conditions outside or inside the profession may apply and be suitable for the business of asset management.
• The cognitive learning descriptors for this content are: assess, decide, select, conclude, compare and summarize.
• Resources include: Attending and/or presenting at the Executive level of AEMP conferences, Researching and presenting findings to an industry group, serving as a mentor, and individually selected reading.
• Competency is recommended for CEM, CESP and recertification.